Monday, July 23, 2012

Success!

Sometimes you read stuff on-line and you wonder if it's true. Before we purchased the Martha Stewart table we read through the comments. Everyone LOVED it, but said that the construction was difficult, and that it would take a minimum of two people to put it together. One individual said, "... it takes a village". They weren't too far off.

The second part of the shipment arrived 5pm on Friday. And despite running a fever, Tony helped to put it together. We had to take breaks - but we did it! I could not have done it by myself. At all! One, I'm not the "engineering" type and looking at the descriptive pictures and spacial relationships in the diagrams... it's hard for me.  I just don't "see" it. With Tony's foreman like direction we did it - slowly. It took from about 6:30-10pm to get it completed.

And we built it inside the room. To make sure it would clear the doorway, we tested it with the top. No way! It was not going through. Maybe if we took the door off, but who wants to do that. We did the construction in the living and the putting the pieces together in the "studio".

And OMG!!!! I love it!!! The drawers in this thing are MASSIVE and hold so much of the things I use to have to walk to to get! Not anymore, everything that I use on every card is in one drawer. My brads, glitters, inks all sit in the section drawer making it look like some type of crazy mosaic with color stretching from one side to the other.

I've put envelopes, card stock, tools, adhesives, etc all in the drawers and there is still more space to fill.  It's freed up a minimum of three shelves and an entire slat wall. Giving me more options to organize the left over stuff.

And thank you Tony - for your patience and help. I don't know anyone else who would have put together a craft cabinet with a fever - you are truly THE best!!! And make me so happy!!!

Love, love, love it!!! And wish I would have bought this years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment